This was my July sewing project. It is the Oliver + S Fairy Tale Dress – view B with the optional tulle lining. I made it out a 100% cotton sateen (Lisette collection from Joann’s), so it has a bit more of a luxurious feeling than if it were made from quilting cottons. I used the wrong side of the fabric to add a little contrast at the collar and sash, although the effect is a little more subtle than I had hoped.
With so many little ones now I know I won’t be able to sew as much as I was doing last year, but I’d still like to do at least a project a month. Since there was no pressure to complete this dress, I really took my time and I think it shows in the final product. I’m very proud of it.
Also, my girl has shown quite an interest in crafting, or “knitting” as she calls it. I want to encourage her, but I am not about to teach a temperamental 3-year old to knit. So I found a big embroidery hoop and some cheap muslin and have been letting her make little “pictures.” It still requires quite a bit of supervision, but it keeps her busy and happy.